22/10/2013

The calm after the storm...

Went to Bradgate Park today... it was an experience... it rained a lot.





That's our group, looking very unimpressed and wet... after everyone else had gone home; but its not all doom and gloom, I for one had an amazing day. Yeah my feet hurt, my body aches and I got soaked but Bradgate is beautiful! Sometimes when you live in the city for so long you forget that places like this exist...



I learnt a lot today, not necessary about drawing due to me having to put my sketchbook away every 5 minutes because of a down pour but I've absorbed the atmosphere of being in a storm; knowing what the rain does to the lighting, how it affects the land, the way you walk, your emotions and basically just knowing the conditions of that weather. It might not sound very impressive but I know some day that's going to become useful information when creating a game environment.

Another interesting thing happened today, as we were continuing to plough through the day watching other student leave to go home to a nice warm flat, a massive downpour happened... after it finished we were cold, drenched and wanting to go home, however we continued like crazy people. We stayed until 5pm and as we were on our way back to the entrance willing for our taxi to be waiting for us, this happened...



The sun came out and lit up all of the surrounding area; even creating a double rainbow that we could see arch all the way across the sky...



Seeing this just made staying longer than everyone else worth it; knowing that we witnessed something no one else did. It taught me that you have to be there for every moment, to not miss a thing and to take every chance you get because something good will come out of it...




No comments:

Post a Comment